Radio Frequency IDentification Specialists
As a specialist RFID consultancy firm, we are uniquely qualified to help you design and develop highly efficient, cost-effective and performance-driven RFID solutions. We cater for small, medium and large businesses which are involved in:
- Document Tracking
- Supply Chain Management
- Retail Goods Tracking
- Industrial Traceability
- Automotive Logistics
- Contactless Smart Cards
- Libraries (Smart Media)
We cover all major RFID technologies, including passive HF and UHF RFID for Industrial, Supply Chain Management (SCM), Automotive and Retail applications.
We also specialise in the emerging near-field UHF technology based on EPC Gen2 protocols. Typical applications include jewellery tracking, biometric passports and RFID-enabled credit cards etc.
- “When faced with a particularly challenging RFID application we turned to RFIDiom for advice. RFIDiom demonstrated a high level of technical expertise and practical knowledge, unrivalled within the RFID industry which helped develop a timely and cost effective solution.
We strongly recommend RFIDiom for their valuable in-depth knowledge of RFID systems and protocols...”
- — Managing Director, Inspectron Ltd
- “RFIDiom demonstrated a clear and thorough understanding of RFID technologies and together with their help, the project progressed quickly with all technical issues being addressed. Their clarity of knowledge and understanding was a breath of fresh air...”
- — Managing Director, Macon Management & Design Ltd
- “RFIDiom have great experience with RF systems and material properties that can significantly affect the performance of an installation. RFIDiom was adding scientific precision paired with a strong project and application focus, but having always an eye on the milestones and time-lines of the projects.
I strongly recommend RFIDiom whenever expert know-how paired with real-life experience is needed...”
- — Design Centre Manager, NXP Semiconductors
- “I've learned to know RFIDiom as technically very capable in the field of RFID, which isn't one of the easiest fields to work in. RFIDiom have worked on some very challenging projects, but were still able to deliver.”
- — Vice President, UPM Rafsec Oy
Schematic illustration of multi-protocol line-side reader system; showing HF and UHF tag reads on books, A4/A5 documents and plastic trays.
Near-field UHF RFID is installed alongside pre-existing HF RFID. Any cross-modulation and interference issues are rectified using special RF shielding techniques and intelligent reader settings. ...read more
Laden boxes, stillages and containers are loaded on to trailers via intelligent UHF RFID dock-door portals; resulting in continuous real-time inventory of assets.
Strategic positioning of portals at various process intersection points and intelligent middleware applications are used to extrapolate additional information. Examples include direction of goods movement; number and type of containers; and status of current items being processed. ...read more
A computer simulation of the RF characteristics of a HF RFID tag shows surface currents and magnetic field intensities in and around its antenna.
This information can subsequently be used to determine the optimum angular orientation and placement of tags on library ‘Smart Media’ assets — eg. books, CDs, DVDs etc. Better tag positioning increases the antenna coupling between the reader and tag; resulting in better and more consistent tag reads. ...read more
We can provide on-site consulting services to assist you in your RFID project, feasibility study, process re-engineering and more.
For more information or to discuss your project, please contact us.