4. Product Evaluation and Selection
Establish the most appropriate frequency of operation (LF, HF, UHF or Microwave) for the project specification. This dictates the type of tag/inlay, reader and antenna combination. Subsequent tests on system components are used to select the best components which meet performance requirements at the most competitive prices. A fully comprehensive, yet concise report is produced after the evaluation procedure, as an aid to the selection process.
5. Preliminary Trials / Pilots
These stages are realised extensions based on the PoC and Evaluation studies. Following preliminary site-survey studies of applicable sites, small scale pilots are used to demonstrate the feasibility of in-situ (scalable) solutions. These may or may not be integrated into the customer’s network and instead operate on a segregated network for test and evaluation purposes. System performance at this stage is indicative of actual performance on full deployment and therefore a lot of optimisation work is usually carried out in order to achieve maximum performance.
6. Hardware and Software (Middleware) Integration
Data generated by networks of readers is subsequently processed by existing enterprise (middleware) software to produce information that can be acted upon. Such software would typically be provided by Microsoft, Oracle, SAP etc. RFIDiom can help to identify, test and recommend the best middleware solution for your requirements.
7. Rollout / Full System Deployment Management
Full system deployment is a scaled-up implementation of the Pilot phase of an RFID project. Lessons learnt there must be carried forward and acted upon during the full project rollout stage. In addition to this, the full system deployment of an RFID solution is fraught with logistical, practical and financial problems if not carried out properly and systematically. For this reason, RFIDiom provides a highly knowledgeable and experienced team of RFID consultants to assist with the careful management of this particularly crucial phase.
- 1 - Bespoke (Stand-Alone) RFID Services
- 2 - RFP Development and Evaluation
- 3 - Feasibility (Proof of Concept) Studies
- 4 - Product Evaluation and Selection
- 5 - Preliminary Trials / Pilots
- 6 - Hardware and Software (Middleware) Integration
- 7 - Rollout / Full System Deployment Management
- 8 - End User Training and Optimisation
- 9 - Post Implementation Review / Maintenance
Industrial Line-Side (UHF RFID) Conveyor Portal